The information below is included in the Finder’s Pack, which you can download from the website or email us for a waterproof copy for the boat.
For more information about the different type of finds you could encounter, download the Information Pack or email us for a waterproof copy.
On discovering a Site or Artefact
STEP 1: Location
- Onboard record/estimate the position of the boat/Site/Artefact;
- If the find is too big to bring ashore and is left at sea record the location at which it has been dropped;
- Put Artefact in a safe place.
STEP 2: Information
- Fill in a reporting form; on paper; online; or with the HEFLO;
- Photograph Artefact;
- Bag and label Artefact;
- Put Artefacts in a safe place.
STEP 3: Report it
Pass on the report either;
- By phone;
- By email;
- By post;
- Online or;
- To a FIPAD Contact.
If you discover an Artefact
- Take photographs of each of each Artefact.
- Record details of each Artefact on a separate reporting form.
- Protect your Artefact. Immerse it in a water filled container and store it in a dark cool place.
- Bag each Artefact separately.
- Label Artefacts/containers with PLN and date.
- If there is more than one Artefact, assign a different number to each item.