These pages provide information and resources to help you identify and report archaeological discoveries made at sea.
Remember – if you think it is archaeological, from pottery to a possible shipwreck, please report it. The HEFLO and the Protocol team will identify it once we have all the information.
- Actions for Finders: what to do if you make a discovery while fishing?
- Actions for FIPAD Contact: explains the role of the FIPAD Contacts
- List of FIPAD Contacts
The page offers a range of useful documents to download as PDFs. It may take a couple of minutes for each document to download.
- Protocol Handbook (this outlines the Protocol and how it works)
- Finder’s Pack (to keep on your boat)
- Information Pack (information for finders and FIPAD contacts on reporting and identifying finds)
- FIPAD Reporting Form
- Awareness Poster
- FIPAD Flyer (our FAQ as a leaflet)
Contact Us, if you want waterproof copies of the Finders Pack, Information Pack or the FIPAD Posters, please send an email with your address and we will post them directly to you.